Benefits Of Compounded Medications
There are many benefits to using compounded medications:
- Medications can be compounded into many different dosage forms such as creams, ointments, topical solutions, foams, and powders for dermatology compounding.
- When medications are out of stock or unavailable, we can obtain the drug as a bulk powder and compound a similar preparation.
- We can compound medications without unnecessary additives and preservatives. Some of the ingredients we use even enhance the absorption of topically applied medications.
- We develop compounded medications according to each patient’s individual needs, providing the most appropriate, beneficial dosage with a reduced risk of side effects.
- We can compound specialized and unique formulations that your physician has specifically developed to meet the needs of his/her patients.